Saturday, January 8, 2011

House Photos

Here are some photos of our house. Don't judge the fact that there are still random boxes and crap everywhere - and that I'm still putting stuff away 2 weeks later. In my defense, I'm waiting for some shelving to be installed.

So far we have gotten a new roof, garage door operator, the garage door fixed, new washer and dryer, and new electric hook-up stuff in the laundry room (for some reason there was hookups for a stove and not a dryer down there) - oh and of course, a new shovel to shovel the driveway!

We were super lucky to be able to move into our house 2 days before the snow hit. I should say, our house is a lot prettier covered in fresh snow.

It will be even better next winter when we have our pellet stove and our new energy efficient windows that will hopefully warm up the open areas. : )
Looking out from the front door
Looking out from the back door
Our main living room/tv area. The square hole is where a future pellet stove insert will be. This room gets rather cold at night, since that window sucks. New windows are on definitely on the list. We should also be putting up a mantle on the brick wall. That is also the door to the garage on the left.
From the front door entrance. Its an open floor plan for the Kitchen/TV Room/Living Room/Dining Area.
View from the kitchen to the front room
Kitchen
Dining Area - our new table, covered in crap of course.
Upstairs hallway to 3 bedrooms and a full bathroom (plus the bath in the master)
Front Door/Hallway view
View from the back door
To "the dungeon" ... jk ... I just should've had the downstairs lights on. Narrow stairway though. Luckily the back door is right behind me in this photo, otherwise no furniture could get downstairs!
Basement main area. Don't mind the disassembled futon.
My sewing area and another bathroom.
Downstairs hallway. 2 bedrooms and the laundry room.
Again, my sewing area.
Guest bedroom # 1
Guest bedroom # 2 (not put together yet, obviously)
Laundry Room/Furnace area (unfinished)
And our back patio. Don't judge the backyard. Its a complete mess. Lots of landscaping to be done.
And just for fun, Will and me on Christmas morning at his parent's house, which is now only 2 minutes away - instead of 30 minutes!
We have lots and lots of bare walls. We will definitely be needing some things to make this home "more cozy", but for now, we are enjoying being homeowners. : )

1 comment:

Kati Howard said...

Peggy! Ahahahaha...
1. I LOVED your cat post! Hilarious. At least your not in denial about your weird kitty fetish! Lol and I love the slurry kitty pic. Bah ha!
2. I love your new blog layout. Very beautiful.
3. I'm so jealous that you're a homeowner! I want a house SO bad! :/ *sigh* someday! Congrats!