Sunday, December 20, 2009

One-Year Anniversary

There has been several highlights during the past few weeks - but our favorite has to be our one-year wedding anniversary that was yesterday. December 19th. I can't believe a year has already gone by. We keep reminiscing about what we were up to one year ago in preparation for our wedding. It doesn't seem like a whole year!

We had family photos done this weekend with Will's family by Becca Morgenegg - and this shot of Will and I turned out to be an awesome one-year anniversary photo of us! This is probably the best photo we have of the two of us - and we have a lot of them! This is definitely getting framed. Thanks Becca! I'll put up more photos of the shoot after Christmas.

In light of the Christmas season we've been watching lots of Christmas movies! These are ones we still need to get to and time is running out!
Will and I made fudge for the first time last week and it was a lot easier than we expected!
This is our final product. Yum!
So last Friday was my work's (Noble Energy) Christmas party at the Hyatt. It was fun to get dressed up and go. They took really cheesy "prom" type photos at the event so I'll post that pic when I get it from work. I bought Will a red shirt for our wedding luncheon last year - and it hasn't been worn since until all the holiday events this year! I was pleased to see him get more use out of it. Ironically my jacket was purchased for our wedding as well and I haven't worn it until this season too!
So Friday was my holiday party - then Sunday was Will's Home Depot holiday party. I must say that while my party was more elaborate (a lot more) Will's party was lots more FUN! We went to Dave and Buster's for dinner and games! We have a trick on one of the machines, so we ended up with over 17000 tickets and we went home with four very nice Dave and Busters glasses. We chose a practical prize : )
Don't mind this photo - I was playing with the saturation/contrast levels on iPhoto.
On to our anniversary - we started off the day by going to the temple to do sealings. The temple was very busy as there were 9 weddings and LOTS of people. But ya know, they must have the right idea - December 19th is a good day to get married : )
After a delicious dinner at Landry's (a seafood restaurant) we went to the Nutcracker. I've never been to the Nutcracker before and I have just one word: MAGICAL. I totally loved it. The costumes, the glitter, the snow, the dancing. It was incredible. Once is not enough, we MUST go back next year!
And of course, I'm all about cheesy - so I had to get our photo taken in front of the cheesy "festive" background. Not super great - but here are the results.
After the Nutcracker we walked to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. Red Velvet cheesecake!
Totally Delicious!

And for fun - here is Will in his new suit. He's pretty proud of it : )

We've had a busy couple weeks - but definitely fun ones! Christmas is Friday and we are uber excited!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: