Saturday, March 19, 2011

100th Post

Ahem.... since 2008. Only 100 blog posts? Yeah, apparently I don't blog very much. The new goal that I am setting for myself is 100 additional posts in the next year. I figure life is changing dramatically for us in the coming months - and maybe, just maybe, I'll have more to post about! Even if not, I'm sure I can just post pictures of the baby and surely I'll end up with 100 posts in the next year! :)

Today, while Will had to work, I went with Will's family to the Wildlife Sanctuary up North by Fort Morgan (aka, middle of nowhere). It was pretty awesome! Bears, lions, tigers, wolves and other wild animals could be seen. It was such a gorgeous day to boot. Apparently this is the largest real wildlife sanctuary in the United States. They just flew in 25 circus lions from Bolivia to live at this sanctuary. We couldn't see them, since they were being re-habitualized in this big building on-site - but its pretty neat that they are able to save animals in need.




Here are a couple videos from the day.
We were standing on this platform above the animals, so there were lots of shadows.
Also, it happened to be feeding day. They get fed 3 times a week - since that is about how often they would eat in the wild. So the animals were very very anxious since they knew it was feeding day.

And here is our very own "wild" animal:
In other news: I fried my blackberry on accident on Thursday - which totally sucked since my upgrade with Verizon isn't until July which is when I was planning to get an iPhone. Luckily my mom donated her available upgrade so I was able to get my new phone early! I am so so excited! I went into Verizon Friday after work thinking I'd be leaving without a phone, but they actually worked with me and were able to get my upgrade transferred by just calling my dad for approval (since my parents live out-of-state I thought it was going to be a very lengthy and complicated process to take my mom's upgrade). I wasn't even planning on leaving with a phone - but I was so relieved and happy when I did! Woohoo for the iPhone!

Having an iPhone is also probably going to help me in my goal to do 100 more blog posts in the next year. Who knows - maybe I'll do even more than that! :)

No comments: