Friday, March 18, 2011

Celebrating GREEN

Yesterday we celebrated St. Patty's Day with a festive dinner! Will's mom and sister joined us as well and it was a festive occasion! I even had the "Sounds of the Season" music station playing on the tv - which was irish music! I love St. Patrick's Day. I think its my mom's doing that is the reason why I like this holiday so much. She always dyed our milk green growing up ... and I did it too this year! I think it weirded Will out, but it was fun!

Corned Beef and Cabbage bake:
Green Spinach Salad (with strawberries, red onion and gorgonzola cheese):
Grandma's Green Jello Salad:
Chocolate Cake with GREEN frosting:
All together - with the green milk, of course. We also had Bottled Root Beer with dinner. Very Irish? I don't know - but I'd like to think so!
I'm so excited for the little guy to be here for St. Patty's Day next year! I hope he likes this holiday too!

No comments: