Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine's Weekend Recap

What what?! Two posts in ONE day?! That's right - I've learned to blog on my phone y'all. :)

Since Valentine's Day was on a Tuesday this year, we chose to celebrate the weekend after, as opposed to the weekend before like the majority of folks. Also, another milestone - we decided to leave Marshall overnight for the FIRST time!!

Friday evening started with dropping M at Will's parents for his first overnighter (tear). It was hard to leave him, but overall he did well. We then headed to our first couple's massage at a spa downtown. It was glorious, minus the fact that I had a cold and had to ask for a tissue in the middle of my rub down, but that's okay ... it was still WONDERFUL. :)

Next on the agenda .... Pappadeux's for dinner. Yummy cajun seafood - but we did not realize our reservations were booked for Mardi Gras weekend. Can you say, BUSY? New Orleans themed restaurant on Mardi Gras weekend. Oye. It was still very good though! Unfortunately, I was pretty much full after the appetizer (darn you illness!) and I felt very overwhelmed by my "seafood platter". Still, it was fried cajun goodness, which is what I'd been wanting and I enjoyed every bite - even if I couldn't eat the majority of it.

Next up - hotel! We hadn't stayed at a hotel for a LONG time. Its been well over a year and a half since our last hotel stay, and this was our first hotel stay in the Denver area. We chose the Sheraton in DTC because of its proximity to Pappadeux's. We figured we needed to stay at a hotel, otherwise we would be too tempted to just go pick up Marshall since he was staying only a mile from our house. It was nice to sleep in, even if I had a hard time sleeping past 7am (again, my cold didn't help) - but those hotel blackout shades were awesome for keeping out that morning light!! And a king size bed was definitely nice. I need to get me one of those!

The next morning, we were going to go to breakfast then pick up Marshall - but we couldn't wait to see our little guy, so we picked up Marshall then went to breakfast as a family! Will had the entire weekend off, so we spent Saturday running a few errands, going on a family walk and watching Star Wars and lounging around (I was sick, remember?). I should mention that by Saturday morning, I had lost my voice entirely from the cold - I had to point to the menu at Village Inn to show the server what I wanted, because he couldn't even hear me whisper. By Sunday morning, I was completely done for. We stayed home from church on Sunday - then felt too cooped up so we went walking around the mall (yes, on Sunday - whoops!).

Will went back to work on Monday, and I had president's day off - so I got to hang out with Marshall for another day (I had taken Friday off as well). Four day weekends are awesome! I love hanging out with my little family. Its very rare that Will gets Saturday and Sunday off from work, so it was lovely having him with us most of the weekend (and myself getting some extra time off on top of it all!). Yes, it was a lovely weekend indeed.

Breakfast at Village Inn
(my first time @ Village Inn):




I love my husband. I love my son. I love my life. I am grateful for my many many blessings.

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day! <3 <3



1 comment:

Kati Howard said...

Awww. I remember the first time we left Quincy overnight, it was hard at first, but we persevered through it and it was time well spent together alone. You gotta get that alone time once in a while. Looks like you had an overall fun Valentines day weekend. We, too, were all sick and so I can totally relate.