Monday, June 2, 2008

Attempting New Adventures...

We are trying something new.  We are attempting to have our own family home evening... that way we are prepared when we have a family.  We are also attempting to attend church together most weeks.  Its hard since I go to the singles ward, and I like my ward very much... and Will goes to his family ward where the people are rather interesting.  Will usually goes to church with me if we attend together, but this week I was nice and woke up super early to attend his "odd" ward.  Will appreciated it, and like the fact that everyone congratulated us on being engaged... since nobody knew because I never go there.  Either way, whatever ward we attend, we enjoy being together at church and being able to share in the gospel together.

Another thing we are trying to do, is have dinner at home more often.  We eat out together quite a bit, actually too much.  I can tell - or Will can tell rather - that my cooking has improved greatly.  No more watery lasagna, I'm finding Will is happiest with a simple meal of meat, bread, and potates.  We are realizing by eating at home, we are spending less money and we spend more quality time together by cooking together... Will is in charge of not burning the bread.  That's why I love him.

Time is quickly passing, as it is already June (the best month of the whole year, since its my birthday).  The weeks are flying, and I know summer will be gone before we know it.  We're gonna try to relish in the season, and spend lots of time outside.   : )

No comments: