Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer is coming....

So Memorial Day weekend was quite enjoyable.  I, myself, enjoyed a long weekend while Will had to work everyday but Monday.  He missed my talk that I gave in sacrament on Sunday.  I preferred he wasn’t there actually, because I was already dreading it - so I guess it worked out, even if I was kinda sad he wasn’t there.  But I got to choose my topic, so that made it better.
 
Monday Will and I hiked Waterton Canyon near Chatfield Reservoir.  It was way flat, only an 80 ft gain...but it was a good walk to break in my new hiking shoes (Will had already broken in his new hiking shoes).  I think if there was any more of a elevation gain my feet would have died.  I have a couple blisters.  It was a good hike though.  We then checked out the new Tiguana from VW at the dealership as we are in the market for a new car/crossover...but I did not like it.  We’re hoping to purchase a “sporty” vehicle as we’re trying to spend more time outdoors.  Hopefully there will be many more (and harder) hikes this summer, as well as just lots of time in the mountains, because I love hiking so much.  I’m trying to rub my love of the outdoors off on Will.  I think its working.
 
It was hard to go back to work this morning.  Oh, I did get my new job bytheway.  I’m now a receptionist/admin assistant for Noble Energy, Inc.  An oil and gas drilling company.  I work on the 22nd floor of the world trade center in downtown denver.  Its very busy, and I enjoy it a lot.  The best part is I only work half days on Fridays.  That way I feel like I get long weekends all the time... perfect timing for Summer.  : )

No comments: