Saturday, January 17, 2009

Little Events That Make Life Fun...

We're still around in Denver.  It's been a fun few weeks since we've back, and they have been flying by already (even work).  Looks like Will goes back to his normal schedule next week and I won't get him to myself on the weekends ... which means I'll actually be hitting the gym again! I see this as a positive : )  ... not that I haven't enjoyed being together every night and weekend.  Again, back to normal is good!  We had our Open House at Will's parents last weekend which was lots of fun - it was good to celebrate with our friends here in Denver/Aurora.  

Time has been spent pretty normally - nothing too exciting:  Dinners out (and in) with family/friends, movies (Bride Wars was great!), work, church (new ward), and getting used to being married... which will probably still take a bit!  It's been busy - but fun.  I woke up early (as I have to) for work Monday morning and looked out the window and we got hit with quite the unexpected storm. Which I hate since I have to trek to catch the bus to work.  Below is a couple photos from some of our latest doings.

The unexpected snow at 6:30AM Monday morning
(outside our new apt. building - if you can see it that is!)
My first use of my new (RED!) kitchen-aid.
Black raspberry coffee cake.  Loving this appliance so far for sure.
Will and I eat at Chipotle A LOT - as it IS within walking distance.
Will holding his Chipotle cup proudly:
Notice that my burrito is practically gone.
We LOVE Chipotle!
So that's what we've been up to.  Another proud moment yesterday: I finally bought some gas for my Jetta!  I haven't filled up (or put any gas in at all) since November 10th (yes, I looked it up)!  I still had over a 1/4 tank when I did fill up.  I am really lucky I never have to drive.  We have everything we really need within a few blocks of home - and my work provides an EcoPass for me to get to work (plus I don't have to fight the commute or park downtown) - and I never really drive except to the grocery store and the gym.  Also, it was only $15 to fill up - I was kinda wondering since I haven't filled up my little car since gas has gone down so much.

We are officially on the "search" for our new pet.  We'd really love a puppy but our landlord only allows cats - so that's what we'll get! We are super jazzed.  We spent today visiting a few animal shelters and there are so many pets we'd just love to take home, but we're still deciding the timing of bringing one home.  We'll keep you posted (as we are so excited!).

I'll also take this last line to say: Happy Birthday, Sheryl!! Will's mom had her birthday on Thursday and we went out to celebrate tonight ... so again.... Happy Birthday!

(Have a great week everyone!)

No comments: