Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Disneyland!!!

May 2nd we took advantage of the "free admission on your birthday" and went to Disneyland to celebrate Will's 24th birthday! It cracked me up because they gave him this giant birthday pin to wear and everywhere we went the Disneyland employees would wish him Happy Birthday ... over and over again. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I hadn't been to Disneyland since I was 2 1/2 either, so everything was new to me and I had such a blast! After this trip we were already talking about going to DisneyWorld next! The whole theme of Disneyland this year is "Celebrate" (if you haven't seen the commercials) and it was really neat since it was Will's birthday. I may have even enjoyed his birthday more than he did!
Main Street when we first got there

Our first ride was Star Tours.
Will was talking about that ride the most
before we got there.
Honey We Shrunk the Audience
in 3D.
This one freaked me out a little!
After riding Space Mountain.
I forgot what this was called -
but it was fun and our tour guide was so funny!

Happy Birthday Will!
We bought a better copy of this one from the Photo Shop there.
Will loves Indiana Jones!

Pirates of the Caribbean was closed most of the day - so we were lucky
we got to ride it while it was open!
Magical Castle
The street parade rocked my socks!
Loved it!




Heading into "It's A Small World After All"
That was the ride I wanted to ride most! Too funny.
The fireworks show blew my mind!
It was totally the best part of the day!
I think Disneyland was by far the best part of our trip! Although everything was really fun - I just can't get over how fun Disneyland really was. We did so many things there - but still didn't do everything. We only went for one day, since our trip was so packed - and we know we'll be back in the future.

We're going to try to take a real vacation - somewhere to go just because we want to - once a year. I have a feeling we'll be going to Southern California for quite a few of those. Places we want to go next: Florida (Disney World) or Hawaii. The bonus is that next year Will is going to be 25 and we won't have to pay a premium for our car rental! yay!

This trip was a blast! We feel so lucky we were able to go!

1 comment:

Katelyn Graves said...

Jungle Cruise! That is always a fun ride if you get a good boat captain. Nick and I are trying to save so we can go back to Disney World. One bonus is I can get 50% off the hotels since I have friends who still work there! Now if airline tickets were just a little cheaper it would be perfect!