Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving (weekend)

Well, I've had the best intentions to post some photos I've taken recently.  Problem is - since I moved last weekend and have been unpacking - I can't find my cord to my digital camera to upload any photos.

Updates: I moved into what will be "our" apartment last weekend.  It is just now finally coming together.  Many boxes later, the kitchen and living area is now complete.  I just won't mention the bedroom.  I have yet to try to put my stuff away in there.

We had Thanksgiving with Will's family on Thursday.  I made a pumpkin cheesecake, which was probably the best thing I've baked to date.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and I am now having to work off the enjoyment at the gym.

Today, Will and I attended what will be our ward: the Washington Park Ward.  It was good timing, because this was the new bishop's first week as presiding bishop.  Our ward is so small - and there seems to be a mission with the new bishop to grow the ward.  Looks like we came just in time.  We had a joint Priesthood/Relief Society class today that was simply on what is expected of our ward and any comments we might have.  It was very much like a forum.  Looks like being part of such a small ward will be a lot of work.  Much is expected, especially speaking in sacrament more than once a year.  Oh joy.  The number of people in the ward is only fifty-something.  

This is my last weekend in Denver until 2009.  Next weekend I'll be in Seattle.  Weekend after that, I'll be home in Vancouver.  Time is going very quickly.  There is A LOT to do in the next couple weeks - our wedding day will be here before we even realize it.  Hopefully before then I can find that camera cord and upload some photos!

Wedding Countdown: 19 DAYS!

BTW - It's FINALLY snowing in Denver today!!  (and its snowing A LOT)

No comments: