Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

This has been an awesome weekend for Valentine's because I get a four day weekend (not Will though sadly) ... but we were able to spend all day Friday together and all day Sunday! Friday wasn't so relaxing but it was fun!  I am officially Mrs. Brawn - as legally recognized by the State of Colorado (finally).  We went to the DMV Friday morning and luckily it took less than an hour!  I have lived here a year and a half - and I now finally have a Colorado license!  After the DMV we went to see Coraline in 3D which was awesome!  Tim Burton's movies are always a bit weird for me because they're a little creepy - but I really liked Coraline - and the 3D was so good!  I kept peeking under my 3D glasses to see what it looked like without.  Way fun movie!

Saturday Will worked until 5pm so that gave me a chance to hit up Target to get his card and some Valentine's treats.  I love Funfetti cake - so I made some Valentine's Funfetti Cupcakes. Yum!  For our date, we had reservations at Landry's Seafood.  So good!!  We loved the creme brulee!  Someday I'm going to get a creme brulee torch so I can make it myself!  After a long dinner we went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic - which was also good!  Definitely a good weekend for movies!

I must also add that Will got me my first giant heart-shaped box of chocolates! Surprisingly, I've never gotten one before! I usually just get flowers for valentine's day.  He mentioned, after watching me eat them all weekend, that there probably is a reason I haven't gotten one before - because I keep eating them all of them!!  Nice husband, huh?  In my defense, there are a lot of half eaten ones!  This particular box didn't come with a "legend" so it's trial and error for which chocolates I eat.  After this weekend, I definitely feel a sugar headache.

Fun at the 3D movie

I forgot to take a picture BEFORE the funfetti
cupcakes got eaten.

Here is the not-so-pretty after picture.

We hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!!

No comments: