Sunday, February 22, 2009

What A Week!!!

This has been an utterly exhausting week - and it was supposed to be short!!  At work we are in the middle of all these office moves.  We are doing construction on several floors of the World Trade Center - and we just finished two of them, so we have to move everyone off of two old floors onto these newly remodeled floors - as well as swap several floors around so certain departments are together ... not to mention we are losing all three of our "temporary" floor leases so those people have to move too ..... all by the end of February!!  My department - ahem, me and my co--worker Teresa - are solely in charge of these moves (and she's out of town for a week!).  Last Tuesday I worked 7AM until 1030PM.  I have to do the same thing this Tuesday AND Thursday ... while Thursday will actually take longer than 1030 because it is such a complicated move.  Ugh - I am so dreading this week.  If I can just get through February.....

Speaking of which, I gave the Relief Society lesson this morning on living today and not waiting for next month, next year etc. - but with weeks like these two I can certainly say I am excited for this month to be OVER!!

The good thing out of all this craziness is that I am racking up the over-time... which is good news since Will and I are officially going to San Diego April 29th-May 3rd.  Will's birthday is May 2nd - so we're going to go to Disney Land on his birthday (it's free on your birthday this year!).  I am so excited to see the Pacific and eat some In N Out. Yum!

As a side note - the wind has been crazy this week!!  At work, I deliver files twice a day across the street to the Colorado State Bank building where we also lease office space.  Well, Tuesday the wind was blowing so strong that I dropped an entire dolly of files in the middle of Broadway while crossing the street.  I'm talking like 4 boxes of files plus one mail tote totally falling forward.  I lost a bunch of papers in the wind - and 6 people (including the FedEx guy) ran over to help me.  It was SO awful.  To top it off, the dolly hit my shin when it toppled over and I have a huge painful bruise on my leg.  What a week!!

Friday to ease some tension - Will and I went back to that school to shoot some hoops.  Man we suck!  It sure has been a while.  In our defense, it WAS windy!



I've also decided I need a hobby - because this is how I spend most of my time.......

To use up all my free time I've decided to go back to school full-time in the fall.  I'm still going to work full-time as well at Noble Energy - but I'm currently applying to University of Colorado Denver to the Business School and they have online and evening classes.  The campus is uber close to my work so it'll be perfect!  The only one suffering from this will be my poor kitty Abby ... she'll have to find someone else to cuddle with every evening!

I'll keep you posted on my application status .... if I make it through this week that is.

1 comment:

Katelyn Graves said...

Sorry your week is so awful! That is cool that you are going back to school. I have been debating on whether to go back myself. I am very jealous of your future trip to disney and california in general! good luck on this week!