Sunday, August 30, 2009

Colorado Springs & Cheyenne

Last weekend - right after visiting my family in Washington - I was able to visit with both my sisters (but not at the same time). My sister Demi had won a trip from her company in Seattle to stay at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. The Broadmoor is this really ritzy hotel in the Springs and I didn't really realize how BIG it actually was until I went Friday after work to hang poolside with her and her boyfriend Ryan. It was such an awesome day! I get out at work at 11AM on Fridays so it was perfect timing to catch Demi and Ryan before they flew back to Seattle Saturday night.

The weather was perfect!
My sister and I even went down the water slides (picture not shown)
This is Demi and Ryan by the lake - which is right next to the pool.
The BIG news is that Ryan proposed to Demi while there!
Good job, buddy!
Demi & Me
Demi & Ryan in front of the entrance to the Broadmoor:
And driving home from the Springs was actually pretty nice!
I couldn't help but snap a photo while driving (not safe, but worth it)
Fun day - and Congratulations Demi & Ryan!

Sunday my oldest sister Janelle and her family were driving to Nebraska - hopefully the site of their future home! They were nice enough to bring us our 1/4 beef we bought from Utah, and we met up in Cheyenne, WY to make the beef exchange and to have dinner at the Outback Steakhouse (my very first time there). That was fun too! We are so excited to have so much beef! We even bought a 5.5 cubic foot freezer to store in our living room!

Yeah, so it's literally in the corner of our living room
but we live in a tiny apartment!
We're just happy to have somewhere to put it.
Abby has enjoyed the freezer even more than we have!
It's cold on the top - and it has really helped her cool down
in the recent heat we've been having.
Who knew our freezer would have two uses?!
:-)


It was nice to get out of Denver and explore a bit. It was interesting to head in two opposite directions to see both sisters. South to the Springs one day - and North to Cheyenne the other. Lots of traveling for the weekend right after coming home from vacation! But we enjoyed it.
: 0 )

Sorry we didn't get any photos of the excursion to Cheyenne and Janelle's family!

No comments: