Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tourists

Lately we've been keeping pretty busy with work, our callings at church, Will's photography, and trying to spend enough time with each other when work permits - but we've been lucky enough to find some time to visit a couple tourist attractions lately: the Denver Zoo and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. It was fun to finally get to visit.


Most of these pictures are self-explanatory .....



I was shocked to see a camel! I've never seen one before.
I didn't realize their humps actually look like this!
Will's absolute favorite!! BEARS!!!


On to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.....
I did the Start! Heart Walk for the American Heart Association a couple months ago and I won 2 free tickets to the museum for doing so - so we were able to enjoy the museum for FREE (even better!)


These animal sculptures were crazy real! They had them
for every possible animal.

This was neat: behind the glass there were scientists working
with microscopes and everything.
The Egyptian exhibit was my favorite. Brought up old memories
of studying the tale of Osiris and Isis back in school!
It was cool to see the real mummies and the differences between
the more rich and poor mummies.
The Nature and Science Museum was cool - it was nice because it wasn't as HOT as the Zoo! I have to say my favorite exhibits were the mummies and the (Pacific Northwest) Native Americans! Probably because I learned about that stuff in school. My least favorite would have to be the Space exhibit .... I've never really been into space stuff. Will's favorite exhibit was the taxidermy animals. More specifically, when asked what his favorite part of the science museum was he says: "the Bears". Go figure. : )

Overall, it was fun! Now I just have to get through this week. I'm single-handedly coordinating our very last office moves this week at work. I'll be working late into the evening tomorrow night and most of Saturday - which will be great because it'll be the LAST!! I've been doing these moves every couple months for the last year!! Woo-Hoo, it's over!!

Will & I will be headed to Vancouver next weekend - and we are way excited!! I hope it'll still be HOT hot HOT when I get there! : )

In the meantime - don't forget to check out Will's photography blog. He's improving so much and he's gotten so good! (link on the right of the page) Spread the word for anyone who has a wedding or has senior portraits/family photos needed!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

FUN!!! I have to admit, once you have children you will go to those places almost weekly. We have passes to both and its a lot of fun because its easy entertainment for Enoch and Travis just enjoys the stroller ride. :D Cute pics though! :D