Sunday, March 8, 2009

Teeth and Tires


Will and I hit up the grand opening of Kohl's in Aurora this week.  We haven't bought new clothes for ourselves in a while, so we were in need - especially stuff for Spring/Summer (for our trip to San Diego!).  During the madness that consumed us in there - we managed to score between us 5 shirts, 5 pairs of pants/shorts and 1 nice pair of shoes for Will all for a VERY nice price! We were very happy.

Friday I finally had a dentist appointment to see what's up with my teeth ... well my gums actually.  I have a little strip of my gums on 4 of my lower teeth where it is inflamed/infected, whatever you want to call it - it hurts.  And surprise surprise - the dentist didn't know what it was either.  Luckily not anything chronic like gum disease or anything - plus its in an isolated area.  I've tried everything: special mouthwash, salt water rinses, switching my toothbrush, etc. Now I have an appointment with an oral surgeon on Thursday (hopefully sooner) and hopefully he'll be able to tell me what's wrong.  The good news about the dentist was that my teeth were totally healthy.  I have never been to such a high-tech dental office.  They had all these special x-rays plus they did these live pictures of each tooth individually with this special camera stick thing.  It was odd - but very cool.  There was even a computer monitor over me in the dental chair.  Too bad their technology couldn't tell me what was wrong with my mouth!

Fridays I work a half day - and so after my dental appointment I was on my way into work for just a couple of hours.  Half-way into work and I hit a ditch and ruined my tire/wheel!  I mean I couldn't even drive 20 feet before having to pull over.  I thought I could make it into a nearby parking lot, but no go.  I was in a very dangerous intersection by myself.  Luckily AAA put me as top priority since i was in such a bad location and they were there in 10 min. to replace my tire. I then headed off to Discount Tire.  Good news and bad news about my trip to the tire store: I had a free replacement/warranty on my tire$60 on a new wheel.  And of course, they didn't have anything to match my crap that I currently have now.  So now I have one nice looking wheel and three CRAPPY wheels.  Sweeeet.

At least I ended up not having to go to work : )

No comments: