Sunday, March 8, 2009

Washington Park Sunday

I don't know what happened between yesterday and today - but the weather is gorgeous today! We went for a walk in Washington Park after church.  We love to go there and drool over other people's dogs - particularly labs and german shepherds.  We also enjoy laughing and those people who try to run with teacup sized dogs - hilarious to watch, we know we shouldn't laugh ... but we do.

If only the grass were green - and the trees had leaves, it would've been perfect.  Everything is so dead still ... but Spring is officially only 12 days away!  With the time change last night- I am looking forward to the longer days!


The bike cart rentals at Wash Park remind me of Seaside.
Check out that blue sky!
A snapshot of ourselves at the park.
The trees are huge!
I told Will while walking that even though the weather is awesome - I don't think I'd like this everyday. I miss rain!  I haven't seen rain since I was home in December - and even then it snowed most of the time.  It hasn't rained in Denver for SOOO long - and sadly, it hasn't snowed either.

This is going to be one tough Summer.  We are in need of some serious moisture.  We are already experiencing some wildfires in the North.  The water levels at the park are so low for this time of year - and it's only going to get worse.  For example:

Nice pond, eh?
Low water levels already.

I am sure hoping for some good ol' rain this Spring.  I'm done with the snow - but give us some rain!!

No comments: