Thursday, March 19, 2009

T.G.I.F

Today was a good day.  The plumbers finally showed back up to fix our plumbing.  They hadn't been back since Monday!  After fighting with our management company - and after an "extremely harsh email" (the direct words from the management company owner) from me, things are square again. Apparently the issue was this:
This is a pipe found in our kitchen.  The original plan when they came out a couple weeks ago was to just replace the tile wall in our shower - believed to be the problem of the soaking wet carpet in the coat closet.  Apparently it was more than that - and they had to be sure the owner of the condo was okay with paying for all this damage since it was over their "limit" as the management company.  Apparently running water after time becomes like acid to pipes (as displayed in the picture!).

Thankfully it is all getting fixed now - and we finally have kitchen water (the first time since Monday!) which is good because we ran out of clean dishes.

After work, Will and I both had eye doctor appointments with the doctor recommended to me by my eye doctor back home.  Apparently they are good friends who went to school together. It was this awesome little boutique optometry shop in Larimer Square in LoDo called The Bent Lense.  Such a neat guy and an awesome shop!  I found out today that my pupils are abnormally large - and I should never need them dilated because they're already big enough to see everything!  Neat.  I guess that's why I wear glasses this big:
After going to see the eye doctor Will and I went to Chili's on the 16th Street Mall.  It was fun to spend time downtown after work.  I never spend time downtown after working hours.  It was such a nice day!  It does NOT seem like March at all.  Short sleeves and sun everyday.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a comfortable 73 degrees.  I really have to pinch myself some days and remind myself it's not officially Spring (or even Summer) yet .... well until tomorrow that is.  Spring officially arrives tomorrow!

I am ready for the weekend!  Thank Goodness (tomorrow) Is Friday!! TGIF. Enough said.



2 comments:

Katelyn Graves said...

Wow, that pipe looks awful. Good thing you got it fixed! Large pupils huh, I am pretty sure my sister in law got denied for lasik eye surgery because of large pupils!

Kati Howard said...

I have to say, I love the picture of the broken pipe it looks very artistic.

Oh and Peggy, the large glasses... very cute! I never recall your pupils being so large, but perhaps I never gazed into your eyes long enough to notice. :o)